The Master of Public Health Student Association (MaPHSA) at the University of Southern California (USC) is a student-run organization that supports resident and online Master of Public Health (MPH) students academically, professionally, and socially. MaPHSA’s mission is to:
- Promote academic excellence and professional development among USC MPH students.
- Build a strong community among USC MPH students and alumni.
- Support public health initiatives in the local community and beyond.
MaPHSA offers a variety of programs and events to meet its mission, including:
- Academic support: MaPHSA offers study sessions, tutoring, and other resources to help students succeed in their coursework.
- Professional development: MaPHSA hosts workshops, seminars, and networking events to help students prepare for their careers after graduation.
- Social events: MaPHSA organizes social events throughout the year to help students connect with each other and build relationships.
MaPHSA is also involved in a number of public health initiatives in the local community. For example, MaPHSA members have volunteered at health fairs, conducted research on public health issues, and advocated for public health policies.
MaPHSA is a valuable resource for USC MPH students. The organization provides students with the support they need to succeed academically, professionally, and personally. MaPHSA also helps students to make a difference in the world by promoting public health and social justice.
Here are some examples of MaPHSA’s recent events and initiatives:
- Public Health in Action: A weekly seminar series featuring guest speakers from different areas of public health.
- MPH Mentorship Program: A program that pairs current MPH students with experienced alumni mentors.
- Networking Events: MaPHSA hosts regular networking events to help students connect with potential employers and other professionals in the public health field.
- Volunteering Opportunities: MaPHSA partners with a variety of local organizations to provide volunteering opportunities for its members.
- Advocacy: MaPHSA advocates for public health policies that promote the health and well-being of all communities.
If you are an MPH student at USC, I encourage you to join MaPHSA. It is a great way to get involved in the public health community, learn from experienced professionals, and make a difference in the world.